UPDATED January 2018
- Our data collection activities offline or otherwise outside of Our Site (unless otherwise stated elsewhere herein); or
- The data practices of third parties that may interact with Our Site, such as social media sites and websites where We advertise.
We and Our third-party service providers may use a variety of tracking technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain nonpersonal information whenever you visit or interact with the Site (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with Our Site. This Usage Information may include:
- Your IP address, unique device identifier or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Site, and Our systems identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
- Your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, and mobile network information);
- The areas within Our Site that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences, and the pages, screens, or other displays of information looked at by you;
- Your Device location;
- Your Device characteristics;
- Certain other Device data, including the time of day, date, length of your visit(s), frequency of your visits, and patterns of use among other information;
- Domain name you use to access the Internet and other information obtained from Web page headers (i.e., type of Device and type and version of web browser);
- Internet address from which you linked to the Site; and
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to Us or sent through the Site, including the content of the communication and metadata associated with it.
On the Site, We may ask you to provide Us or Our service providers with information that identifies you and/or your employer personally or other personal or confidential information (“Personal Information”). We may collect this information through various forms and in various places on the Site, including if you apply to participate in Our loan program as a dental professional or a dental customer, or if you initiate contact with Us through the Site.
Our Internal Use of Collected Information
- To process transactions such as your loan application or your application to participate in Our loan program;
- To underwrite a loan;
- To provide you with information such as to send you electronic information or to provide you with special offers or promotional and marketing materials on behalf of Us or third parties, including to let you know about new products, services, or upcoming events;
- To verify your identity;
- To prevent fraud;
- To create your account;
- To communicate with you about your transactions, such as to provide customer support;
- To offer you products and services;
- To send statements and service and collect amounts you owe, if applicable;
- To enable you to participate in a variety of the Site’s features;
- To customize your experience on the Site or to serve you with specific content or ads that are relevant to you;
- To improve the Site, Our marketing, and Our Site offerings;
- For internal business purposes;
Please note that deleted content or information may continue to exist on Our servers or in backup copies that We maintain for Our own use.
Our Sharing of Collected Information
- For any purpose to which you expressly consent;
- To protect or enforce Our rights or the rights or safety of others;
- As permitted or required by applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, governmental requests, or legal process;
- In association with a merger, acquisition, restructuring, asset transfer, or other operational or corporate changes to Our company, including during the course of any due diligence process;
- For joint marketing with other companies;
- To Our affiliates;
- To non-affiliates for their marketing purposes; and
No Collection of Information of Children
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information on Our Site about children that requires parental notice and consent under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are under 18 years of age, you are not permitted to use the Site and should not send any information about yourself to Us through the Site.
If We become aware that We have collected personal information from any child, We will dispose of that information in accordance with COPPA and other applicable laws and regulations. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child has provided Us with Personal Information without COPPA-required consent, please contact Us.
We may use tracking technologies on the Site from time to time such as Cookies and Web Beacons to collect and store Usage Information whenever you visit or interact with the Site. A “Cookie” is a small file containing alphanumeric characters that stores information about the user or records the user’s browsing activity. Cookies are stored on your Device’s hard drive or applicable storage device. A “Web Beacon” is an electronic image located within a certain web page that allows the Site to record the simple actions of the user opening the page. Cookies, Web Beacons, and other tracking technologies (such as HTML5 and Flash local storage, embedded scripts, and e-tags/cache browsers) may be active on Our Site from time to time. There may be other tracking technologies now and later devised and used by Us in connection with the Site.
We may send one or more tracking technologies to your Device when you visit the Site, or other sites where Our ads appear, for a variety of purposes, including:
- To allow you to use and access the Site’s functionality;
- To monitor your experience on the Site;
- To allow Us to improve the Site to better serve Our customers and other users;
- To improve security on the Site;
- For identity verification and fraud prevention;
- To analyze traffic and transactions on this Site;
- To keep track of your specified preferences, including in terms of the presentation of content on Our Site; and
- To market Our products and services, including to deliver content, including content relevant to your interests on Our Site and third-party services based on how you interact with Our content.
In addition to the list above, We may also work with data providers who may collect web log data from you, such as your IP address and information about your browser or operating system. We may place a data provider’s cookie which will be used to recognize your browser and enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. They may contain or reflect demographic or other interest-based data in a de-identified form. The information in these cookies may be linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to Us, such as your name, postal address or email, which We may share with a data provider in hashed or encrypted form.
We may also use depersonalized aggregated Usage Information to assess and maximize the performance of the Site. This depersonalized Usage Information may be provided to other companies to assist Us with these objectives, including, but not limited to, third-party advertisers, analytics providers, and other service providers. Depersonalized Usage Information does not include any Personal Information that can be used to identify individuals.
Your browser should allow you to manage tracking technologies. However, if your browser’s settings are too restrictive you may not be able to use all of the features of this Site.
Operation in the United States
Copyright © 2018. All right reserved.